359 views
Verified Reviewer

1.3

Update by user Dec 23, 2020

Discovered on their FB site that the calendar won't work on computers with less than Win 10 64bit....so it was never going to be OK. But this also puts the onus on anyone buying for friends that they have to know what kind of computer or phone (there's an app alternative apparently) their friends have.

Stupid idea, especially if you are buying a LOT of these calendars.There are a LOT of disgruntled customers on the JL FB page! If you can meet the system requirements for the calendars, but don't know what friends or family are running, next year I'd adivse you to just buy one for yourself.

Original review posted by user Nov 23, 2020

This was a gift from a friend. I wasn't happy it had to be loaded to my computer in the first place as JL hasn't specified any system requirements.

But I loaded it and I got an error message and some guff about whether I had a 32bit or 64bit system.

Mine is 32bit but JL's FAQs and help section was no help at all. BTW, my friend who bought the calendar for me can't get hers to work either.

User's recommendation: Avoid it like the plague - there's no real support from the company.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Jacquie Lawson Pros: Greetng cards are nice.

Jacquie Lawson Cons: 2020 advent calendar is a disaster compared to previous years.

Comments

#1958396

I've had these for years and love them, but cannot get this one to open correctly. I've been a loyal JL customer for years also, but the lack of pertinent FAQ and no reply to customer service have me losing all my Christmas spirit.

Jacquie Lawson Reviews